Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
The Secret World General Discussion

TSW Spinoff Game

Funcom has come up with a spinoff horror game called The Park. It's supposed to be a single-player, horror "walking simulator" (google it) type game and takes place in the amusement park in TSW (Savage Coast, specifically). You play as a not-very-...
Small Tapkoh 2y
Tapkoh2474Small Tapkoh 2y

State of TSW: 17 Oct 2015

Here is the current state of things in TSW. The stuff I've listed is based upon the assumption one hasn't played since Tokyo was released.Currency Everything gives Black Bullion instead of sequins, etc. The new endgame currency is Mark of the Pa...
Small Tapkoh 2y
Tapkoh21381Small Tapkoh 2y

TSW News and Announcements

Issue 8 is coming out soon. It will introduce the Scenario and Augment systems. Scenarios are virtual reality training programs that scale with group size and difficulty and introduce random elements. For example, one scenario is keeping a group o...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh286045Small Tapkoh 2y

TSW Tokyo (Issue 9, 10, & 11)

Time to add to my blog or so I'm told.I have played through all of the Issue 9 content and have begun my lore hunting and extra activities. Here is the rundown:Tokyo looks great...when the game isn't crashing your framerate and causing things to p...
Small Tapkoh 3y
Tapkoh41205Small Tapkoh 2y

Want to try The Secret World?

I (and presumably others here) have received an email with one new friend code that grants the following to the user:This Friend Key offers 30 days free play, an 8 hour XP potion and $5 worth of Bonus Points.TSW is not a sub game. You buy it and c...
Small Tapkoh 2y
Tapkoh0269Small Tapkoh 2y

Side Stories "review"

Funcom added 4 new investigation missions to the game last week. You have to buy them if you want to run them. I finally finished them and here is my mostly spoiler-free review of the missions if you wanted to know about them before purchasing (or...
Small Tapkoh 3y
Tapkoh3913Small Tapkoh 3y

TSW Advanced Topics

EDIT: While most of the general ideas of this thread are correct still, recent updates have changed a lot of little things. For example, you cannot "double crit" EF anymore. Keep that in mind if reading as I have not and will not be updating this ...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh105684Small Tapkoh 3y

TSW Dungeons

In case I'm not around, it'd be good for everyone else to have a place to read up on the dungeons and what to do. I'm going to start with a more detailed overview of the dungeon system in TSW and proceed from there. There is a 5-player dungeon i...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh122774Small Tapkoh 3y

Secret World

I've been playing The Secret World as a break from the Foundry and Orthanc monotony of Lotro and I must say that I really like it. It won't be for everyone here, given the content, but some may be interested. It's an mmo in a modern world setting....
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh193161Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW: What did I just see?

This is a thread for anyone who played the game and had no freaking clue what they just witnessed, as far as story goes. It is all a bit complex, you can get easily sidetracked doing dungeons, pvp, and other quests, and many of the details are in ...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh11817Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Augments

EDIT, 10 Nov 13: Cleaned this up to be more readable. Since they are new and there's a bit of confusion about how they work, I'll lay out what I know about them so far. Getting StartedYou need to go to Venice and enter a scenario in order to unloc...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh12363Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Sequin Barterers

As you complete missions, you will get Sequins appropriate to the region you are in. They can also be random drops from mobs you kill. So where do you spend them and what is the best way to spend them?You spend Sequins at any Council of Venice Env...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh22990Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Auxiliary weapons

From the beginning of the game, you can see the various abilities in the main wheel, see the associated skill lines, and even search through all of them and plan your builds. However, there is more to the ability wheel and skills menu that is hidd...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh15409Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Signets

Once you start getting QL 10 gear, you'll notice that there is an extra slot for something called a signet. Most likely, you would have not seen one before you saw that gear. Signets are an extra item that you attach to talismans and weapons, li...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh33298Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Helpful links and plugins

LinksBeginner leecher (AR healer) guide - Outlines how to heal using the AR from lower levels up until you reach end game.The Reaper - The advanced and very detailed guide to using leech / AR healing at end game. Also has a lot of advice if you ar...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh11287Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Primer

Table of Contents 1. Secret Societies 2. Game Area Progression 3. Stats Overview 4. Missions Overview 5. Which Class to Pick 6. FAQ How should I invest AP? How should I invest SP? Where is my gear? How do I get better gear? How do I make money (P...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh41233Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW "Issues" (DLC)

"Issue" is what Funcom calls a series of DLC missions they release periodically alongside a usually major patch (1.1, 1.2, etc). The missions for the first four Issues are in the game for free. The questlines for Issues 5, 6, and 7 however must be...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh1951Small Tapkoh 4y

TSW Dungeon Roles Guide

Since I apparently can't shut up about this game and am on some sort of writing marathon, I'm going to talk about more advanced subjects for TSW. Namely, dungeons and what you do in them. I'm going to start with the most nebulous and most common r...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh42974Small Tapkoh 4y
Page 1