Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
Guardian

Tanking Relics List

Here is a list of relics I consider at least decent options for setting up a defensive / tanking set of LIs. I specifically have guardians and wardens in mind, but these would work for champion and captain I suppose, to a degree. I'm going to use ...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh41782Small Tapkoh 4y
Guardian

Overpower in RoR

Overpower has changed quite a bit and frankly, I like it more now than I did before. It's still not a viable dps raid spec, but it'll do. Let's cover some changes.Overpower (stance)+15% Melee Damage-30% Armour, Physical & Tactical Mitigation-5...
Small Tapkoh 4y
Tapkoh7721Small Tapkoh 4y
Guardian

Overpower mits change

In case you missed it, when in overpower in RoR, graalx2 originally posted that we'd be losing 30% of our armour value and our mitigations. Naturally this (and the other changes) spawned heated debate over what exactly that meant and brought the d...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh3464Small Damoriar 5y
Guardian

Stances & Engage

There's a thread going on over in the guardian forums going over guardian's defense ("block stance") and guardian's threat (GT) stance and how it works with engage. Instead of getting into the near flame war and epeen measuring in that thread, I f...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh5905Small Ithrempet 5y
Guardian

Tanking Orthanc Lightning

Here is how I approach tanking Lightning wing in orthanc. Some applies to both t1 and t2, but some is specific to t2. I'm writing this from a guard's point of view. The general strategy is still applicable to wardens or champions, but the specific...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh1429Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Update 7 Guardian Trait Setups

There are more options for how to trait for tanking now. Here are my thoughts.5b2y + capstoneThis is definitely the one built for generating threat. Five blue traits means that your threat output is increased quite a bit if you choose the right tr...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh1384Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Guardian LI Legacies

Since others started doing this, I figured one of us might as well and I had them all written down anyway.Weapon Major Legacies Brutal Assault damage increase (2H only) Overpower power penalty cost reduction (2H only) Guardian's Pledge cooldown re...
Small Tapkoh 6y
Tapkoh61737Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Power Management

Gear before RoI often had will, fate, and icpr as incidental stats, but not anymore. Most gear aimed at guardians is all about might, vitality, morale, physical mastery, etc. This means that it's harder to maintain higher power pools and to keep t...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh1367Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Secret Challenge in Sari-surma

It came to my attention yesterday that there is a secret challenge buried within Sari-surma. There is no deed for this challenge, but you do get a nifty, if unofficial, title. I haven’t seen much information on this, so I thought I would throw t...
Small Bramwell 5y
Bramwell41817Small Yumia 5y
Guardian

Starting Pulls as a Guardian

Since I was recently asked and I see a lot of guardians doing stuff I would not do, I am going to share how I approach starting battles as a tank. My way isn't the only way, by any means, and may not be the best, but it works for me and it might w...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh3554Small Alluna 5y
Guardian

Guardian 75 Armour Sets

See 2nd post until I've updated the numbers here.We have 5 armour sets available to us when update 5 comes around and I figured I would share my number crunching for everyone's benefit. The five sets I'll refer to Draigoch, Moors, Laingarth, Luma...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh42012Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

A look at Raw Power

Raw Power is a Keen Blade (red) trait that works with Overpower (OP) stance and is useless if you're not in that stance. It adds 3% melee damage to the OP bonus but also adds 5% to the power cost of melee skills. Note that some get them backwards ...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh1306Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Guardian Q&A

If you have questions about guardians, I'll attempt to answer them here. Not promising I know all the answers, but I will do what I can to answer anyway. Don't bother asking questions that can be easily answered by the wiki though, like when guard...
Small Tapkoh 5y
Tapkoh1320Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Guardian Traits

Just because I like posting random things, I'm going to give my opinion on the various guardian class and legendary traits. I don't want my word to be law, so if someone has a differing opinion, I'd love to discuss it or debate usefulness. I will ...
Small Tapkoh 6y
Tapkoh91226Small Tapkoh 5y
Guardian

Overpower Tanking

This stuff is all over the guardian forums, many claim to do this, and some have asked me in game about it. Full disclosure: I have never tried tanking in Overpower stance. I have gone into Overpower for some fights or easier content where aggro w...
Small Tapkoh 6y
Tapkoh3596Small Tapkoh 6y
Guardian

Beginning Guardians

Figured since I've been getting a lot of questions lately, I'd start a topic with some of the basics as I see them. Others may have differing opinions and I suggest trying out different methods, traits, etc and seeing for yourself. I'm no expert a...
Small Tapkoh 6y
Tapkoh4551Small Tapkoh 6y
Page 1