Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#11638494 Oct 15, 2015 at 01:34 PM · Edited over 1 year ago
Council Member
793 Posts
Funcom has come up with a spinoff horror game called The Park. It's supposed to be a single-player, horror "walking simulator" (google it) type game and takes place in the amusement park in TSW (Savage Coast, specifically). You play as a not-very-good mom whose son gets lost in the park and you go looking for him.

Here is a video with more details if you're interested.

And here is a webpage advertising that it's 23% off ($9.99 currently) and what you get in TSW if you buy The Park.

Release date is October 27 (as in 2 weeks-ish from now)
Guild Wars, WildStar (exile): Toiben Firehammer
The Secret World: Priphea
Guild Wars 2: Tapkoh.4061
+0
#11688635 Oct 28, 2015 at 07:49 PM
Council Member
793 Posts
I played The Park in its entirety. Including all the little detours I could find, Steam has my play time clocked in at 106 minutes. All in all, I can just say that the game is ok. It's not fantastic, but it's not offensively bad either.

If you have no ties to TSW though (or forgot all about the amusement park in TSW), then it's going to make very little sense and many references are going to go over your head. As a standalone "horror" game, it doesn't really hold up either. If you want a somewhat creepy game that goes in some dark directions, it's not bad.

If you want to know what you get in TSW for buying the game, it's 3 talismans and a chipmunk mascot outfit (head & lower part are separate pieces). The three talismans are 10.9.5 necks, but have set stats and unique signet-esque effects.

Tank: 2728 HP, 152 physical protection, 152 magical protection. Also, 33% chance on hit to boost the lowest of Block, Defense, or Evade by 300 for 5s. If there is a tie for lowest, then the effect doesn't occur.

DPS: 972 AR, 296 Crit Power. Every non-penetrating hit adds a stack. At 5 stacks, you get +50% pen chance for 3 seconds.

Heals: 972 HR, 296 Crit Power. 33% chance on direct heal to activate. Removes any current barrier on the target and heals them for twice that remaining amount. In addition, they get a new barrier that reduces damage by 20%. The remaining 80% gets divided between the target and healer.

Honestly, they're not great, but not bad. Definitely not worth just buying The Park for.
Guild Wars, WildStar (exile): Toiben Firehammer
The Secret World: Priphea
Guild Wars 2: Tapkoh.4061
+0
Page 1